Thursday, February 4, 2010

It's been ugly all day...

Hello friends.

We're already into February and I'm only just now sitting down to correspond after another long day. I haven't written since right after Halloween -- and that's too long. I don't have much to say just now because it's so late, but I wanted to post a brief notice to let everyone know that one of our close friends and a longtime supporting fan of our music passed away today. The body of Randy "The Rib King" Goss, (co-owner of The County Line restaurants) was found in his Acura this morning around 11:00 AM, swept off the road near a low-water crossing and submerged in water near Blanco and Specht Rd., and was pulled free at around 3:00 PM.

To those who knew Randy, they also know how supportive he has been of Texas music over the last several years and how hospitable he was to all the acts he booked at The County Line off I-10 near Wurzbach in San Antonio. He always had a big smile on his face and a big heart that always made you feel welcome. I live right behind The County Line and have walked my kids up to the restaurant to see and hear the live music on Wednesday nights since they were tiny tots. I can remember pulling my two youngest up there in their red Radio Flyer wagon when they were barely able to walk while their older siblings rode their bicycles and parked them next to all the motorcycles near the entrance. The Wednesday night County Line Music Series has become a staple for me during the Spring and Summer months and on many nights my family can hear the music from our home - sometimes if only faintly while at the dinner table. Not all the homeowners in my neighborhood appreciate the Wednesday night music, but it means a lot to me that anybody will still book and support live musicians in any capacity. Fortunately for everybody familiar with the series, all the live acts he booked were extremely talented and always made for a great night of fun. My thoughts and prayers are with Randy's family tonight as they mourn the loss of their beloved; to his extended family of employees, co-workers, friends, acqauintances, and patrons of The County Line -- he will be deeply missed by all of us. Thank you for so many great memories, Randy. God bless your soul, may you rest in peace.

- Dodds

1 comment: