Friday, September 24, 2010

TTS Fall Tour - Day 3

Two Tons Midwest Tour

Day 3, Dispatch 1 - Last night was supposed to be an "off" night in which I had planned to get some rest. With Beale Street just a few blocks away, I was hardpressed to stay up in the room alone while Dennis and Rhoades ventured out onto the streets looking for some excitement. After a laaaaate night with the guys that turned into a wrestling match between Rhoades and I that I provoked by rubbing my finger in the leftover oil of a can of smoked herring that Dennis brought along and then wiping it under/into Rhoades's nose causing him to nearly vomit in our room (that ended in a draw by the way), we got up this morning and groggily made our way back into our coach and got on our way to Springfield, IL. It's been an all day drive but we're now within an hour of our home for tonight and designated place of employment for this evening. We're playing with 'Big Sandy and his Fly-Rite Boys' tonight. Should be fun -- those guys are great! Gonna lay down a bit before load-in/soundcheck so I'll check in again a little bit later. In the meantime, check out Big Sandy online at: http://www.bigsandy.net and stay tuned...

- Dodds


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment